DrupalPocket is an unofficial online-offline news app dedicated to Drupal. It supports regular RSS/ Atom feeds with 600+ predefined feeds, built-in supports for Reddit, Quora, Stack Exchange, Youtube videos and podcasts, and lots more. Add your own. The DrupalPocket integrates with public podcasts and Youtube to quickly search audio and visual data for not only Drupal-related news, but simply anything, which appeal to you most.
Our app is now available on Google Play.
- 600+ built-in feeds, Drupal news, podcasts, and Youtube videos. Add more your own interests.
- Works offline once online data are stored locally, of course.
- Searchable feeds, and texts.
- Integrated with Text to Speech engines. Useful for non-English to learn English. Useful for native English when too busy to read. Just listen to latest news while bathing, cooking, working, workouts, or bedtimes, etc. This requires a text to speech engine which is normally installed by default using Google TTS. More engines are available at Google play stores, or app markets. Have it enabled, or installed, to have fun.
- Integrated with Speech to Text engines. to quickly search things without typing.
- Integrated with Youtube app to search for more visual data given the contextual information.
- DrupalPocket comes with a simple and lovable home screen widget. Drag it into your home screen from your App & Widget selection screens.
- Live data, infinite scroll, paged list and full screen pages.
- Auto play, auto speech news.
- One-to-five-hand-friendly navigation, next, previous, skip to last and first, play speeches, sectioning, and quick navigation.
- Archiving, copying, adding, editing personal feeds, or notes.
- Highly extensible. Add and update your own feeds, or personal notes
- Tap to share on Twitter, e-mail, WhatsApp, contacts and more.
- Easy, efficient and effective user interface.
Download the DrupalPocket app now, and see for yourself!
How does Youtube integration works? And what for?
It requires the default Android Youtube player enabled. Click the top left menu, find Add feed menu, and add your Youtube feeds. Or type something when the Youtube window is opened.
It is to quickly search Youtube given the contextual data without opening the actual Youtube app. Useful for further study, or personal collections. Please bear in mind, the search functionality may stop working when reaching 1M unit quota limit. At least for now. Just carry on. If you enable saving data locally (see Settings), browsing, or viewing videos, should work, though.
I have interruptions when reading articles.
Every certain amount of readings are interrupted by ads. Likely you are offline so no ads visible. Please upgrade to remove ads, or such interruptions.
How to download my favorites?
Go to Favorites tab. Hit the download button at the bottom, only visible when you have one. The CSV file, which you can open with Excel, LibreOffice, or alike, is stored at your SD card: drupalpocket-faves.csv. If you want to get it at your email, fill out the email at the Settings.
How to jump to a specific page?
Type any number at search box. Only applicable at fullscreen pages.
How to view original article?
Hit the Read on the Web link.
I cannot get Reddit news?
Some ISPs, like mine in Indonesia, block Reddit. We cannot do anything about this, yet. Use a VPN, DNSCrypt, via-ssh, KPNTunnel, proxy switcher, etc. to unblock this stupidity.
Have questions, suggestions, bug reports, or feedback?
We love to hear from you! Please use the Feedback, and rate our app. Any bitter, yet constructive, criticism will help us gain some strength to continue. One of your life purposes is to help others. If you can't help people, at least don't hurt them, says Dalai Lama. Thank you!
Basically quick tap anything to access default displays. Long tap to reveal shortcuts, quick info, or particular behaviors such as editor form, etc. where applicable. If something broken, try restarting the app, and see if any better.
The DrupalPocket strives to leverage Android architecture components goodness. Fully fragmentized with literally one activity.
However it is at early stage, please bear in mind! It has not been battle-tested against million devices, yet. Should you find a bug or hiccup, please use the Feedback.
The app doesn't collect any end-user data.
The DrupalPocket+ version offers additional features such as adding new personal notes/ todos or feeds, archiving, editing and deleting existing notes/ feeds.
These optional features may need optional permissions:
- INTERNET/ ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE/ WAKE_LOCK to download new articles, feed pictures,
connecting to Youtube or podcast provider sites to fetch and display more feeds. If you disallow, no news, videos or podcasts will show.
- READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE/ WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE to store/ cache news, Youtube, podcast images temporarily, and your favorites in CSV file.
- MEDIA_CONTENT_CONTROL/ READ_PHONE_STATE to stop the audio in this app automatically, such as when a podcast running, and you want to recieve a phone.
They are only enabled on your own conscious approval. You will be asked for permissions before using this app. Also check out the Settings > Permissions. If disallowed, they simply won't function. No hidden gimmicks.
I am Gaus Surahman, the DrupalPocket app developer, not affiliated to any of these news or feeds, nor own them. The contents displayed in the application do not belong to me, or DrupalPocket. If however, you legal-proven 100% believe you find a copyrighted article, or picture, please contact me first, so I can resolve, or delete it for good. Thank you!
By using this app, you agree that Drupal is awesome. I hope you appreciate it as much as I do. If you disagree, don't hesitate to throw off your phone out of your window.
The Apache License
Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance with the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0 Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the License for the specific language governing permissions and limitations under the License.
The MIT License
Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions: The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software. THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.
The DrupalPocket app is an unofficial Drupal news app made with ♥ by Gaus Surahman.
Drupal is a registered trademark of Dries Buytaert.
Google Play and the Google Play logo are trademarks of Google LLC.